Collection of Information
Customer Data: Through the use of our Services, you, your organization, and other users will directly provide or submit information to Neighborhood Scoop. This is known as customer data. This can include, for example:
- Contact information, such as full name and email address;
- Demographic information;
- Username and password;
- Work title, department information, and other information related to your work or Organization;
- All content that you create, share or post in audio, video, text, images, and other media software files that you provide on or through the Services, or that are provided on your behalf, including information in or about the content you provide, such as the location of a photo or the date it was created;
- Information other people provide about you when using the Services, including when they send a message to you or upload information about you;
- All communications with other users of the Services;
- User communications, feedback, suggestions, or ideas sent to us;
- Billing information; and
- Information you provide us when you or your Organization contact or engage us for support regarding the Services.
Log and Cookie Data: We automatically collect certain information when people use our Services, such as your Internet protocol (IP) address and other browser or device identifiers, browser type, operating system, crash data, Internet service provider, pages that you visit before and after using the Services, the date and time of your visit, information about your activities (such as the links you click and pages you view) within the Services, and other standard server-log information.
Use of Information
Neighborhood Scoop will use information we collect to provide, develop, and improve our Services. Examples of such use include:
- Communicate with users and administrators regarding their use of the Services;
- Enhance the security and safety of the Services for you and other uses;
- Personalize your experiences as part of our provision of the Services;
- Develop new tools, products, or services;
- Conduct data and system analytics, including research to improve our Services. In these circumstances Neighborhood Scoop shall to the extent possible use de-identified or aggregated data.
Disclosure of Information
Neighborhood Scoop holds privacy in high regard, and will do its utmost to protect the privacy of each user. However, in certain circumstances, Neighborhood Scoop may disclose the information. These disclosures can include, for example:
- To third party service providers that are in the United States and in other countries where such service provides assist in providing our Services or part of our Services;
- In connection with a substantial corporate transaction, such as the sale of our Services, a merger, consolidation, asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy or insolvency;
- To protect the safety of any person; to address fraud, security or technical issues; or to protect individuals’ rights or property; and
- As otherwise directed or authorized by you.
Legal Requests: If we receive a subpoena, warrant, discovery order or other request or order from a law enforcement agency, court, other governmental entity, or litigant that seeks data relating to the Services (collectively a “Legal Request”), we will make reasonable attempts to direct the requesting party to seek the data directly from you or your Organization. If we ask the requesting party to direct the request to you or your Organization, we will provide your or your Organization’s contact information to the requesting party. If legally compelled to produce information and unless legally prohibited, we will use reasonable efforts to notify your Organization so they can notify you pursuant to your Organization’s policies and as permitted by law. We will direct any requests for information under data protection laws to you or your Organization, unless prohibited by law.
Aggregate or De-Identified Data: We may also disclose information that has been aggregated or that otherwise does not personally identify you to third parties and affiliates who may use it for analytics, trends and analysis to improve and provide our products.
Safety and Security
We use the information we have to help verify accounts and activity, and to promote safety and security on and off of our Services on your Organization’s behalf, such as by investigating suspicious activity or violations of our terms or policies. We work hard to protect Your Account using teams of engineers, automated systems, and advanced technology such as encryption.
Changes to your information on your Service take immediate effect on your specific network, but data will be retained by Neighborhood Scoop for a commercially reasonable amount of time.
Third-Party Links and Content
Some of the Services may contain links to content maintained by third parties that we do not control. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of these third parties, and we recommend that you visit the privacy policies of each website that you visit.